Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Movie Review - How Do You Know


Movie Synopsis - How Do You Know
Movie Trailer - How Do You Know

I've seen the trailer for How Do You Know for quite a while already. I've been waiting for it to come to the local cinema since then. Somehow, it didn't come. Well maybe not much people would appreciate the movie because it appear to be a normal day to day movie if you didn't put in some effort to listen to the scripts. After watching the movie, I would say that this movie had some of the most outstanding lines I'd ever gotten from movies.

The plot of the movie was very simple. It was about a woman who lost hope in life after something happen that broke her routine. She was dating a very famous yet immature good looking playboy but an executive who was under federal investigation fell in love with her. These two lines basically summed up the whole movie. Seriously. That's where the importance of the scripts came in. If you didn't pay attention to the catchy lines in the movie, this movie will only be plain boring. The introduction, the climax and the end. That's how the flow of the movie was.

This movie also boasted a very interesting line up. Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson. Where else can you find a more star-studded movie then this. I'd always been a fan of Paul Rudd. I love his movie. His movies were always good and entertaining. I always think that he is one of those actors that deserved recognition for his acting skills. I think all he need now is a good script that will catapult him to higher fame. I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson because I feel that he is very plastic. His acting will always appear to be too exaggerated. I think his facial feature is just too sharp. Nothing much to comment on the world class actors, Reese Witherspoon and Jack Nicholson. Both were simply awesome!

The scripts were awesome. The lines in the movie were superb. I found one particular line very true for most of the people these days. "I do not know if I've got what it takes to lead everybody's regular lives". Well, that line was very true. Most young people these days finds it hard to find their true self. If you happen to have that particular line hovering in you now, just remember to this next line. "Everybody is just a small adjustment from making their life work." I got this line from How Do You Know as well when Paul Rudd told Reese Witherspoon a very interesting story about Playdoh. There were many nice lines that deserved some pondering in the movie. I only share these two because I found them very true and inspiring. 

After watching the movie, I kept wondering why didn't it come to the local cinema. Even though there were some parts which were quite draggy, but I'd seen worst movies in the cinema. I almost slept off in some of them. This movie was definitely worth watching in the cinema. 

In overall, I think How Do You Know deserve a rating of 2.8/5. 

Movie Synopsis - How Do You Know
Movie Trailer - How Do You Know

1 comment:

Bryon said...

Okay, who goes to an Italian restaurant and eats spaghetti? There are so many dishes that are better than spaghetti that a person could eat. I mean, yes, sometimes spaghetti is exactly what hits the spot, but don’t people eat it at home a lot? It’s so easy to make. Sorry, that’s a strange rant. This movie really is good though. I like the relationships and how they work or don’t work. I really like how I was able to sign up for a free 3 month Blockbuster membership with my DISH employee account because now I don’t have to drive to the kiosk or a store and I can look forward to getting my mail rather than dreading all the bills. The best part is anyone can get the membership. http://bit.ly/jYtohY