Saturday, July 9, 2011

Movie Review - The Infidel






Movie Synopsis - The Infidel
Movie Trailer - The Infidel

Last week when we went for Laddaland, Jas spotted the poster for this movie The Infidel. The poster clearly displayed that it was a comedy. So we went for The Infidel this week. The movie was not that very funny but it was a very lighthearted comedy. It was a good idea to go for a soft movie after the seat-jumping Laddaland and action packed Transformer 3: Dark of the Moon. Somehow, when I came out from the cinema, I was speechless. Nothing to comment.

The plot of the movie was normal. From a very soft beginning (which was slightly too slow that I almost slept  off) to a very heated up climax and ended with a happy ending. Even though it was nicely arranged, I felt that it was quite draggy for the first forty five minutes. When things were approaching the climax, somehow the movie became very quick. Maybe the pace of the movie should be slightly more even out. 

Acting wise was very good. The actors in the movie were surprisingly good. All of them were very into their characters. Even the young actors in the movie had quite a notable performances. 
As for the scripts of the movie, it is okay. Nothing impactful. The jokes were not very funny. I couldn't remember any jokes in the movie. The funniest part in the movie was when Mahmud (Omar Djalili) learning on how to be a Jew. The way he danced and the way he talked was really funny. The joke that Mahmud told during the speech at the Bar Mitzvah with Lenny was not funny to me. In fact,  I couldn't recall any of the audience in the cinema laughing as well. Maybe we were slow but whatever the joke is, it was supposed to entertain the audience in the cinema right? Maybe a more layman joke could be a good help. 

The poster seriously made me thought that it was a very funny comedy. I was expecting many laughing moment but sad to say, I think "a handful" was also too much to describe the amount of funny scenes I could remember. Anyhow, the movie was not bad. It was a good lighthearted movie that I'm sure many out there appreciated. 

Overall rating 1.5/5. Good lighthearted movie which I felt differ from the poster.

Movie Synopsis - The Infidel
Movie Trailer - The Infidel

No comments: