Thursday, July 28, 2011

Movie Review - Let Me In


Movie Synopsis - Let Me In
Movie Trailer - Let Me In

It has been a while since I heard about this movie. When I read the synopsis, I found this movie very interesting. It is a story about a vampire told in a different way. The story of the movie is very special. I was very intrigue by it and I told Jas that it is a must to watch. Somehow, it didn't really survived long enough in the local cinema for me to find time to catch it. I saw the movie last weekend and I totally regret of not catching it in the cinema.

The plot of the movie was very nicely arranged. It was fast and slow at the same time. It was fast during the neck biting part but slow in the explanation part. I kind of like it that way. It kept the momentum of the movie going for the viewer. It is very very very rare for me to like a movie that is slow moving. This is one of the rare one that I enjoy it being slow. Even though it is slow in some parts but it still manage to keep my attention on the screen. 
Casting wise I can't comment much on it. This is a movie where the actors doesn't really need to be impactful. The storyline itself is good enough to captivate the audience. Even though I say that the actors need not be good in the movie but both the young actor and actress in the movie did a good job in their role. Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Grace Moretz manage to carry their role well. 

Nothing much to talk about the script though. The movie is quiet for most of the time. I don't remember any memorable good lines. Like I've been saying throughout this post, the selling point for this movie is the unique story line. 

There are somethings that I don't understand in the movie though. Does Owen know that he will be used by Abby to kill people? How can he not know right? Is Abby that attractive that she can so easily find a boy to kill people for her to get their blood? Obviously in the movie, she had been using her so called "father" for many years to kill people and get blood for her. Does she had any powers that will mesmerize boys to kill people for her? If she had been 12 for many years, how many boys had she used? I wonder... Maybe the writers should add a short story on the origins of Abby. That should make more sense to the audience.

Overall, it is a very unique movie. I always enjoy movies that are out of ordinary. I really enjoy watching Let Me In. You should totally catch it. 

I rate this movie 2.5/5. It's a unique story.

Movie Synopsis - Let Me In
Movie Trailer - Let Me In

No comments: