Sunday, July 31, 2011

Movie Review - Take Me Home Tonight


Movie Synopsis - Take Me Home Tonight
Movie Trailer - Take Me Home Tonight

I saw the trailer for Take Me Home Tonight a few months ago. When I first saw the trailer, I told Jas that I like the feel of the movie. Let me elaborate more on the feel. It feels like a musical comedy. I've always been a fan of musical comedy. Moreover, the set up of the movie is in the 80s! I love oldies! Especially the late 70s to early 90s. When I found out that the movie was out, I told Jas that we need to watch it.

The plot of the movie was very normal. Nothing extraordinary nor shocking but the movie was super fun entertainment! I love the flow of the movie. Every scene was just the correct dosage to keep the viewers entertained. The jokes in the movie was not that funny but the funny things they did in the movie was really entertaining. Yup! I got it! The right word to describe the story line of this movie is entertaining. It was a very entertaining movie! The feel of the movie was so 80s! I love it!

The actors of the movie really suits their character. Topher Grace always have that 70s feel because of That '70s Show. Oh... I love that sitcom. Teresa Palmer was a real hottie. In the movie, she did mentioned that she still have her job because of the boob factor. Her boss had always wanted to see her boobs. Well, who wouldn't want to see hers! She was incredibly hot! Dan Fogler was really funny. He was so catchy in the movie that you will relate him to all the fun factor in the movie! I couldn't recognise Anna Faris! Did she put on weight? I think it's her hair colour.

Nothing much to comment on the script of the movie. No catchy lines. There were one or two attempts on good lines but still not good enough for me to remember. I think the whole morale for the movie was for us to take a shot in anything that we want to do. Just do it! Hesitation is just an excuse for us to procrastinate. The next line is dedicated to all you lazy worm out there! Procrastination is like masturbation. In the end, you are just fucking yourself! Haha! I love this saying!

I've got one suggestion for the movie though. Please refer to line number 4 in the first paragraph. "It feels like a musical comedy." This movie is not a musical comedy. There were only songs and music once in a while as the background music. If this movie was a musical comedy, I think it would be a big hit in the cinema world wide.

Overall, the movie was very entertaining. I rate it 2.5/5.

Movie Synopsis - Take Me Home Tonight
Movie Trailer - Take Me Home Tonight

No comments: