Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Movie Review - Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon


Movie Synopsis - Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
Movie Trailer - Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

At last! The long awaited movie was finally here! We went to watch it last week on the second day of the release. The queue was crazy. I had to book the tickets a week before the movie. The best part was 5 minutes after the tickets were open for reservations, they were all taken already. I was lucky enough to get two tickets. On the day when I went to collect the tickets, tickets for the whole day were sold out. Only left the reservation seats. Sometimes I really wonder if those people watched the movie because they want to watch or because of the hype. LOL! Anyway, the movie was awesome!

I really enjoyed watching Dark of the Moon as compared to the first two. There was a plot to it and it was a really interesting one. I really like the idea of Decepticons having a human spy. It was something that I really didn't expect. I also didn't expect that Sentinel Prime would betrayed his own race to rebuild Cybertron. The twist in the plot was simply unpredictable. I go in expecting to watch another action packed movie but in return, I need to use more brain cells to chain things up so the plot made sense.

The flow of the movie was very well arranged. The first half of the movie was spent in explaining to us about the plot and the twist of the movie. The second half was pure action packed. I like it that way. The first half, I need to listen very carefully to the details so I could connect the pieces. In the second half, I need to focus in watching so I can tell which autobots was fighting which decepticons. But I had to agree in one thing that the flow of the movie was very nicely arranged that the audience will definitely understand the whole movie at the end. Well done!

The script was a bit too little in this movie. There wasn't much dialogue. Most of it were explanation. Well, some of the lines were really funny. The most epic one was "Why the Decepticons always have the good shit?" Hahaha! One line was missing from the movie though. In the trailer, there was a line that said, "You've made a grave mistake." I couldn't find it in the movie. I was waiting for it to appear because I thought that line was very impactful and strong. Hmm... where did it go?

Well, I don't think we need much acting skill to act in this movie. Shia LaBeouf is still Shia LaBeouf. Nothing outstanding or different in Dark of the Moon. I find John Turturro's character Simmons was less annoying in this episode. Let's talk about the new girl, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Oh gosh... she is so hot. She even had a hot introductory scene. It is very obvious that she was hired because of her looks. She had lots to learn and to improve on her acting skills. Seriously.

The animation was superb. It was really beautiful. The robots look so nice. The background and the special effects were awesome! So much details were put into the animation.It was very impressive. Somehow I find it easier to identify each of the transformers in Dark of the Moon as compared to the first two parts. Is it because the colours of each transformers were more significant? I still find it hard to tell the difference between Shockwave and Soundwave from the back. I need to look at their face. One of them only had one eye. In which I forget which one already.

Overall, I think this movie was the best among the three. If there will be a part 4, they will need a more impactful plot. I personally think Transformer 3: Dark of the Moon is near perfect. I don't think it will win big major awards but it is one of those movies that most areas are covered and nicely done. I dare say it is a very fulfilling movie.

I'll rate is 3.5/5. I'm looking forwards to part 4 but I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed.

Movie Synopsis - Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
Movie Trailer - Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

No comments: