Saturday, July 9, 2011

Movie Review - Mr. Popper's Penguins


Movie Synopsis - Mr. Popper's Penguins
Movie Trailer - Mr. Popper's Penguins

It had been a while since I last watched a movie by Jim Carrey. All his movie had always been entertaining. When I first knew about this movie, I looked forward into catching it in the cinema. I told Jas that it is a must to watch. Well, it was different. It was not those kind of comedy that would make you laughed till your jaw pain or muscle cramped. It was a very family comedy that will definitely entertained you and your family.

The plot of the movie was nicely arranged. The built up, the climax and the happy ending. Not many movie could juggle the phases of the movie to make it just right for the audience. However, I felt that this movie managed the phases well and got me very entertain throughout the movie. 

The actors were awesome especially Jim Carrey. He would always be funny in his own way. The movie were not as funny but somehow with him in the role of Tom Poppers, the movie became extra funny. His charm was awesome. Even though it was very clearly that he had aged quite a lot since I last saw him in a movie but he was still as charming as before. His charisma will never be negligible. Others actors in the movie also performed well in their respective roles. 

Script wise was good. There wasn't any moment that got me into the 'HUH? What is he talking?' mode. So the scripts were very successful. Messages were delivered to the audience. 

While I was walking out of the cinema, as usual, Jas asked me what I think about the movie. It was a very lighthearted movie that got me very entertain. Not because of the joke. It was due to everything in the movie. From the storyline to the cast to their dialogues even to the penguins. It would be perfect movie for me to cuddle Jas on the sofa and watch it on a quiet Saturday night. Since I've watched it already. Maybe 10 years later, I would cuddle Jas and our children to watch it on a quiet Saturday night.

Overall rating, 2.5/5. The perfect family comedy.

Movie Synopsis - Mr. Popper's Penguins
Movie Trailer - Mr. Popper's Penguins 

No comments: