Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Movie Review - Larry Crowne


Movie Synopsis - Larry Crowne
Movie Trailer - Larry Crowne

When I first knew that this movie stars Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in it, I already told myself that it is a must to watch. We watched it today and it was awesome!

Just looking at the very surface of this movie, it was a very normal chick flick. A boy met a girl, they fell in love and lived happily ever after. However, in this movie, there was something different. It was a bout a man met a woman, fell in love and lived happily ever after! Saw the difference? Haha! Seriously, I'm sick and tired of chick flick that only revolved around young muscular hunk with a hot blonde chick. In Larry Crowne, it was quality acting that amazed me!

The plot of the movie was good. Not too fast and not too slow. Beginning was quite hasty but I saw the point to it because having the introduction longer served no purposed. It was a good that they had the intro brief and the characters of the movie was introduced to the audience at the right time. The flow of the movie was well managed. The built up, the climax and the ending was nicely organized. The mood of the audience were built according to the mood of the movie.

The scripts were awesome! They were very entertaining. There were jokes in the movie and the jokes were seriously good. I think the funniest character in the movie will be the Economics's lecturer. The way he laughed was simply hilarious. The first time when he laughed, we felt that it was really awkward but when he laughed again at the end of the movie, it got the audience laughed together with him.

What more can I say about acting? It was superb. Every single smile, eye contact, facial expressions and body language made by Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts were purely 100% quality acting. No way, those young good looking hunks or hot blonde chick could provide us with that type of quality acting. I was so impressed by their acting skills. They looked so natural. Those eyes when they see each other, makes me feel as though they were really in love. I had to admit that my mood while watching the movie was the same as how the movie was. Moreover, both of them look super good despite their age! I think they are way more hotter and sexier than many young actors and actresses.

I felt that this movie had more messages to deliver to the viewers besides it being a chick flick. In the movie, Tom Hanks was a middle aged man that lost everything over night. He found hope and love again through hard work and perseverance. I think everyone should be like that. You could afford to lose everything overnight but as long as you were still breathing, you should never lost hope. Hope will bring you far. Hope will being you future.

In overall, this is a movie that I wouldn't mind watching again.We sat through the credits not because we were hoping to see any post-credits scene but we were too overwhelm by the movie. The feeling after watching this movie was slightly better than after watching "Just Go With It". Both were very sweet loving romantic comedy but Larry Crowne won slightly because of Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.

I rate this movie 3.2/5. A spectacular romantic comedy.


Movie Synopsis - Larry Crowne
Movie Trailer - Larry Crowne

No comments: