Thursday, June 30, 2011

Movie Review - Kungfu Panda 2



Well, Kungfu Panda 2 had a very successful trailer. From the trailer, you can tell that it is a very funny comedy. When I first saw the trailer, the first thing that came into my mind was I need to be ready for a good laugh. True enough, it was funny. Only the trailer was funny. All the funny scenes in the movie, were already in the trailer. I was actually shock when the movie finished. I was like..."It's that all?" So disappointed!

A few days ago, before I went to watch the movie, I read a review from a local paper that said this year, Dreamworks is going to win the battle against Pixar. I was like "WOW! Kungfu Panda 2 must be really good!" I told Jas about it and she too got excited about the movie. When the movie finished, we couldn't really remember the jokes. All that we can remember was the trailer. That's why I say it is a very successful trailer. Out of the whole movie, the only funny part that was not on the trailer was the part where Po was talking up in the building but nobody could hear him at the bottom. Then suddenly he threw his hat and nobody knew why he did it. That was the only funny part that was not in the trailer. 

The plot of the movie was not bad but very typical. A hero and a villain. I personally felt that The Furious Five were neglected in this episode. Only Tigress had slightly more role in the movie. The other 4 were negligible.I don't even see why they were there. Not that they were much help. I felt that they were captured by the bad guys most of the time. 

 The scripts of the movie were so so. There weren't much jokes in the scripts. Most of it you have to pair it with the action then it's funny. Talking about the scripts, I think Mantis, Monkey, Viper and Crane deserved more things to say in the movie. Out of the four, I think Monkey had the least. I think I heard Jackie Chan voice less then 5 times in the movie.

Anyhow, I must really give credits to the animation. The movie was very beautifully done. The scenery was superb! I love the background so much! All the fighting and action packed scenes were very nicely done. Well done Dreamworks! 

I like the idea that towards the end of the movie, there was a hint that there might be Kungfu Panda 3 but the hint was so surface that there might not be Kungfu Panda 3. Well, I love Kungfu Panda. I would love to watch the 3rd expansion of this animation but please keep some jokes. Don't show all of it in the trailer!

Overall rating, 2.5/5. Very beautiful animation but we need more jokes!


No comments: