Thursday, June 9, 2011

Movie Review - X-Men: First Class


Movie Synopsis - X-Men: First Class
Movie Trailer - X-Men: First Class

At last! One of the movie that I've waited long enough has arrived. I was very thrilled when I first heard about this X-Men movie. I've always been a X-Men fan. I love their cartoons since I was a kid. But after that disappointment I had with Pirates 4, when I entered the cinema, I was hoping that X-Men will be good. Well, it was surprisingly good.

The flow of the movie was perfectly done. Not too draggy. The movie progress in a pace that is acceptable. I was not bored at all. Two hours doesn't seem too long for the movie. The movie gave the right amount of info the viewers need to keep them entertain. I personally think that the duration control of the movie was done beautifully. If it goes slightly longer, for even maybe another 15 mins, it will be too much for the viewers already. I saw some people walking out of the cinema just before the movie finished. For me, the time line of the movie was good but it might be slightly too long for others.

The visual effects were awesome because it didn't appear very fake. Havok's ability looks cool but I like his brother Cyclops more. Cyclops has always been my favourite character but too bad he is not in this part. I bet if Cyclops is in, his ability is going to look so cool.

The script were okay. Nothing much to comment on the script because the attraction of the movie is not on the script but the storyline and of course the powers of the mutants which never fail to fascinate me. I often wonder how did the creators of X-Men comes out with all the ability. Anyway, Angel had a really weird ability though. Spitting fiery phlegm? Errr... What a gross ability for Angel...

The actors were okay. Not much serious acting was required. It is a fiction movie. Viewers are supposed to be amazed by the visual effects and storyline. Not the acting. So I will naturally not put much attention to it. By the way, the 2 girls who acted as Mystique and Emma Frost were really hot. I think the casting crew did a good job in choosing the right people for each role. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender fitted perfectly into the role of Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr respectively. I would love to see more of Hugh Jackman though but he was just a cameo in this expansion. I hope to see more of him in the sequel!

Overall rating 3/5. I'm looking forward to the sequel of this movie!

Movie Synopsis - X-Men: First Class
Movie Trailer - X-Men: First Class

No comments: